Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Art House and my Sketchbook Project

I heard about Art House from a friend. The place is AmAzInG!!!!! They build art projects and basically anyone can participate. I joined the something called the Sketchbook Project. It is a huge collection of sketchbooks with different themes from artists all over the world. The theme for my project was "Danger, Danger". I completed drawings relating to the theme and sent it to the gallery. Now my sketchbook is going on tour with several others. It's going to be at the Art House Gallery in Atlanta, GA (January 29-30), 303Grand in Brooklyn, NY (Febuary 19-21), Art and Shelter Gallery at The Salvation Army Alegria in Los Angeles, CA (April 8-11), Soulard Art Market in Saint Louis, MO (April 16-18), and then it is going to go to the home gallery in Chicago to be part of a permanent sketchbook library. I am extremely excited about it. It was such a great oppurtunity. The previous post contains some project pictures.

link to my Art House profile: http://www.arthousecoop.com/users/chemburlie

No comments:

Post a Comment