Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Mind-boggling Game of Chess


Game day- the most exciting waste of a class period an elementary school student can have. It was on one of these very days that I was introduced to the mind-boggling game of chess. The teacher reached into the cabinet and emerged with a pile of abused board games. The kids swarmed around him. I was slow to get over there and the only thing left was chess which made me very sad. It has an unfortunate reputation of being nerdy and I had no idea how to play. However, I quickly learned how from a classmate and it became one of my favorites. I was amazed how fun it was. I've been playing it ever since. I'm not good at it, I've been beaten by children before, but I absolutely love it. Thus, this painting was born. I wanted to use colors that I wouldnt normally use (brown) in a painting to push myself. I think it turned out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment