Thursday, October 7, 2010

Everyone's a Critic

Being an artist is hard sometimes. It's humbling. Everyone's a critic. I've been getting a lot more criticism about my work lately. The fact is that everyone is not going to like my art- and I'm totally cool with that. It's not about whether people like it or not. I don't do it for the adoration of others. I do it because I want to do it. There's something inside me that drives me to create. I love it. It's my outlet. Don't get me wrong- people liking my art is a definate plus. I like to submit my work to shows because I want people to enjoy it. If I can just get the viewer to feel something- I have accomplished what I've worked towards. I like for my paintings to tell a story, to entertain and evoke some emotion. Every painting tells a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment